- Proud Husband and Father
- Licensed Master Electrician
- Purdue University - Project Management Institute Graduate
- Lansing Community College - Associate Degree/Business
- United States Department of Labor - Apprenticeship Graduate
- State of Michigan Electrical Administrative Board - Member (Appointed Two Terms by Governor Rick Snyder)
- Associated Builders and Contractors - Past National Board Member
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Michigan - Vice Chairman
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Greater Michigan Chapter - Past Board Member
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Central Michigan Chapter - Past Chairman
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Central Michigan Chapter - Past Electrical Instructor
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Central Michigan Chapter - 2010 Merit Shop Member of the Year
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Greater Michigan Chapter - 2016 Volunteer of the Year
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Michigan - 2018 and 2019 Chairman of the Board
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) - Certified Craft Instructor
- Rotary Club of Ann Arbor - Member
- Special Congressional Recognition by U.S. Congressman John Molenaar for founding the B.O.P. Program
Corey Hannahs, Executive Vice President – CMF Division
What is your favorite hobby or thing to do with your personal time?
While I enjoy hunting, fishing and golf, mostly I love to spend as much of my free time as possible with my wife, Ami, and our four children; Edison, Adelyn, Tynne, and Tommy. I really like coaching my kids in sports and currently coach my son in football, baseball, and ice hockey. Ami and I love to travel as well as attend music concerts of all genres. I also enjoy tailgating for University of Michigan football games and cheering them on at other sporting events.
What is something about you that would surprise people that already know you?
- In the 3rd grade they decided the work was too easy for me so I was entered into a Gifted and Talented program where I was bussed offsite 3 days a week and worked with the 4th grade class the other 2 days.. The school wouldn’t actually let me skip 3rd grade because, as a November birthday, I was already young for my grade.
- I am a distant relative of Jesse James, the American outlaw. Don’t hold that against me though, I’m as honest as they come…promise!
If you could have dinner with somebody famous, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Bo Schembechler, Football Coach – I love Bo’s mantra “The Team, The Team, The Team!” I have read many of his books and find his methods of building teams and motivating his players to be very intriguing. If I had the opportunity to have dinner with him, I would certainly pick his brain about those things and try and figure out ways to incorporate his lessons into my professional as well as personal life.
How do you define “exceptional”?
“Exceptional” to me is setting yourself apart from others; being extraordinary. Everyday people go through their personal and professional lives doing enough to “get by.” Setting out to be exceptional in everything you do, every day, raises the bar. It separates you from the mediocrity that many others use as their daily standard. In both my personal and professional life, I always try to reevaluate what I can do different to set myself apart from others, striving daily to be “exceptional.”